On October 20, 2015, Mr. Dioguardi recognized the cultural-historical significance of October 21, 2015 in his Chapel Talk to seniors…along with perspectives on our students’ place on the timeline of technological evolution.
Dan Lipin’s Flipped ClassroomEighth grade science teacher Dan Lipin makes active use of the opportunities presented by the “Flipped Classroom” model. Here’s why he likes it:
Dan did encounter a notable challenge to the Flipped Classroom model. With widespread power outages during Superstorm Sandy, many students were without internet access at home. Dan responded by distributing DVDs containing his lectures to student without Internet at home.
- it allows him to make lectures shorter and better by perfecting them through video retakes
- the online quiz tool helps him gauge the entire class’s understanding of the lecture
- students can self -pace and improve their mastery of the material by re-watching video, taking more concise notes, and retaking online quiz for mastery
- students are never stuck on a homework exercise because they have access to teacher support in the classroom
- lecture videos are available for review before a test
- classroom time is freed up for dynamic, interactive lab style learning